This bundle contains both volumes of the amazing and crowdfunded Trichocereus books that we published. This book bundle contains both the original VOLUME 1, which deals with 20 different Trichocereus species from nature PLUS the new book VOLUME 2 about hybrids clones and cultivars that are common in the community. With this bundle, you have it all.
Since we produced two different versions of VOLUME 2, we have two different bundles to choose from. The bright blue edition was produced in an edition of 800 books, and the limited dark edition with the alternate cover was printed in a strictly limited 200 books edition.
Here´s some more info about the books:
VOLUME 1: BOTANICAL SPECIES FROM NATURE
The first book is a botanical compendium about 20 different Trichocereus species including the original descriptions, photos of Echinopsis and Trichocereus in nature, lists with traits that you can use to differentiate these plants in the field.
Volume 1 includes species such as Trichocereus cuzcoensis, Trichocereus schoenii, Trichocereus bridgesii, Trichocereus uyupampensis, Trichocereus scopulicola, Trichocereus pachanoi, Trichocereus peruvianus, Trichocereus macrogonus, Trichocereus crassicostatus, Trichocereus validus, Trichocereus glaucus and others.
TRICHOCEREUS VOLUME 1 is a hardcover Trichocereus book with 400 all-color pages and contains hundreds of high quality photos from Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia and collections from all over the world. It´s a self-published book that was printed in tiny edition and it is completely open if there will ever be a second edition. I would love to reprint, but it is possible that it will be a one time thing and when the copies are gone they are gone.
TRICHOCEREUS VOLUME 1 includes descriptions and photos of Trichocereus pachanoi, Trichocereus peruvianus, Trichocereus macrogonus, Trichocereus glaucus, Trichocereus bridgesii, Trichocereus santaensis, Trichocereus cuzcoensis, Trichocereus knuthianus, Trichocereus scopulicola, Trichocereus pallarensis, Trichocereus crassicostatus, Trichocereus tarmaensis, Trichocereus riomizquensis, Trichocereus puquiensis, Trichocereus schoenii, Trichocereus uyupampensis, Trichocereus chalaensis, Trichocereus tulhuayacensis, Trichocereus validus, etc. There also is a large chapter about monstrose cultivars and a bonus chapter showing some stunning panorama views from the habitats.
You will love this book!
VOLUME 2: HYBRIDS, CLONES AND CULTIVARS FROM THE COMMUNITY
Trichocereus Volume 2 is a book about all kinds of Trichocereus clones, hybrids and cultivars that are common within the Trichocereus community. There are lots of rare hybrids involved, for example the Leichte Feder, Saarwellen, the Zellys,Vishu, Eliana, Clone One, Clone Two, the TBMs, the Altman TPM, Nitrogen´s TPM, the Fields clones such as the Fields Macrogonus and the Fields Validus, Amun-Re, Ben, Landfill, Saquarema, Kimura´s Giant, Goliath, J1, J2, J3, Tom Juul´s Giant, Yowie, Saarland, Saartal, Talisman, Goldschuppe, Vers 11, CSD, Sina, Lotusland, Bruce, Funkoid, Los Gentiles, LER, Norma, Rosei 1 and Rosei 2, FR991, Trichocereus cordobensis, Sharxx blue SS01, SS02, SS03 and SS04, and many more.
VOLUME 2: HIGHLIGHTS
- Self-published in a tiny edition. All books are extremely limited, hand numbered and personally signed by the author. It´s our way of expressing our gratitude towards our supporters and every single book will be signed and stamped with the Trichocereus.net stamp.
- Extra large A4 coffee table type book with hundreds of color photos.
- All color pages. Our book isn´t one of the cheap ones that mostly consist of black and white photos with a few color pics in between. All pages are printed on high quality paper and most of the pages contain photos.
- Written in English, Self-Published and not officially available through book stores or market places. Exclusive AF.
- Hardcover edition, A4 oversize book that weighs over one Kilo!
- Thread stitching, well put together.
- Comes in two different cover versions. Version A is limited to 800 books, and Version B is limited to 200 books. Both versions are completely different and were made by different designers.
- Featuring some incredible and never before published hybrids that will blow every Trichocereus Fan away.
- TRICHOCEREUS VOLUME 2 shows crosses between Trichocereus pachanoi and other Trichocereus species or hybrids, some of which resulted in completely unique and never before seen plants.
- Contains photos of rare intergeneric crosses between Trichocereus and more distant genera like Pseudolobivia or some of the clumping Echinopsis.
- Contains a large chapter on hybridization in general, and provides info on how to make your own crosses, and how to do them right!
- Contains hybrids and clones made by a large variety of breeders! Almost all of the known and highly respected Trichocereus breeders contributed photos and knowledge for this book, which is why there is an incredible range of hybrids to be seen here.
- Contains crosses or clones involving Trichocereus pachanoi, Trichocereus peruvianus, Trichocereus cuzcoensis, Trichocereus terscheckii, Trichocereus bridgesii, Trichocereus validus, Trichocereus chalaensis, and many more. Including photos of the rare hybrids like the SAARLAND, SAARWELLE, LEICHTE FEDER, AMUN-RE and the new line of ZELLY hybrids.